A week of one-off comedy, music and theatre events
The Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City is hosting the Barn Fringe again this year. It is an Arts Week, directed by Coral Walton with single-evening dramatic activities taking place on stage, each a ticketed event
The provisional programme includes:
- Fri 4th – Rachel Dawson and Friends, featuring Vic & Albert in An Evening of Musical Comedy which might contain adult material.
- Sat 5th – My Sister’s Investigation, a new play presented by a vibrant, new, semi-professional theatre company KATS ACT.
- Sun 6th – Singers at the Barn Festival, featuring the resident in-house Sunday singers. If you’ve never seen them before, this could be the time to come along.
- Mon 7th – Barn Youth (who may have a new title by then!) strutting their stuff in the first half followed by Hancock’s Last Half Hour – the new touring show from White Cobra Productions.
- Tue 8th – In-crowd (the real title to be revealed later) is a poetry presentation under Adam Dryer’s eagle eye. The second half of the evening features Hitchin’s Walking Shadow Production Co. performing A Number by Caryl Churchill, a piece Martyn Jolly has been touring.
- Wed 9th – Comedy Night! A touch of stand-up followed by The Loves I Have Known, Bush and McClusky with their successful 4 star musical comedy from last year’s Edinburgh Fringe..their Tony Blair the Musical, some years back, was a hoot!
- Thu 10th – Still under negotiation.
- Fri 11th – The WGC Phoenix Youth Theatre Co. are giving us extracts from Jekyll & Hyde. Phoenix have won the senior youth section at WGC YDF on a number of occasions and are a very talented group run by Lauren Hassan. Also, by popular demand, White Cobra Productions who, with their Scaramouche Jones, became part of this year’s Welwyn Drama Festival. As a professional company they were not in competition although they did win the audience appreciation award. Promises to be a cracking night!
- Sat 12th – Raw Talent Two sees the return of the popular sell-out musical extravaganza charity show, first performed here with Tammy Wall, Lou Wallace and friends in 2011.
Barn Fringe is at The Barn Theatre, Welwyn Garden City from Friday 4th – Saturday 12th October in the Auditorium
Box Office: 01707 324300 or online: www.barntheatre.co.uk